Thursday 24 April 2008

Plan of Attack

I now have a list of about 15 people (some definite, some possible) who are willing to let me photograph their kitchens. Today, I took delivery of my 50mm lens for the hasselblad so I thought I'd get into my own kitchen to come up with a working system that I can replicate for each kitchen. This would include the list of equipment I need, the order of approach, ie, shoot digital on the equivalent mm lens (35mm) to see how things are looking and what the metering is like. Perhaps aim for a similar number of shots for each kitchen, say 10 digital, and either 4 or 6 film. The reason for my small number of film shots is expense. The question is whether to make one film cover 2 or even better, 3 kitchens. I cannot shoot one film per kitchen - I may end up doing up to 25 kitchens and I'm paying for processing to. It's a shame to be sobered up by practical issues, but I'm afraid they have to be considered. I would like to aim for 3 kichens per film. This doesn't give me a lot of leeway on exposure mistakes, but up to now, my exposure seem okay (using my sekonic meter).

As I've said before, a measure of consistency in the various shots of the kitchens is important. I think the shots need to be of the kitchen sink, as far as possible front on. Galley kitchens will make this difficult. However, my kitchen isn't very wide so I'll see how it's going to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home