Thursday 8 May 2008

Progress update

I get really anxious when I think about whether I can communicate what I've been talking about in the blog to a "viewer" of the work. I think there is so much potential for making it interesting but it will rely both on the final presentation of the images and (very heavily) on my textual explanation of the work. There's a challenge!

I have now photographed every kitchen sink in my terraced row and am waiting for the films to come back. I sent off 6 on Saturday and am hoping they will arrive today. Meanwhile, I'm continuing to take various kitchens in case the "all in one terrace" idea doesn't work.

Need to read the brief throughly today and see what else I need to explore for this final project. Hopefully, am off to London on Friday to the Geffrye Museum, this is more a visit I planned for my dissertation research but it may still be useful as background for my fip. It's a museum of the domestic interior from about 1600 onwards. I also need to follow this up with looking at some photography which relates to my project, possibly I should make contact with the photographer too. Will trawl the internet to see what photography exhibitions are on in London at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home